Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale Beer Review #craftbeer #brownale


Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale is from Samuel Smith Old Brewery in Tadcaster, England.  It is 5.0% ABV and has 31 IBU’s.  This was another beer we sampled in a beer tasting event that I put on.  I cannot wait to review it.  Enjoy!

Appearance- Very murky golden brown beer.  There is a little white head with high amounts of carbonation.  It is see through, but there is little visibility to say the least.  There is very nice lacing the entire way down the glass.

Smell- Big hazelnut and pecan slam you right in the face with a huge amount of malt sweetness.  There is definitely a toasted malt/barley smell.  Honestly, I know it is crazy but it smells like the candy twizzlers.

Taste- As cliché as it is I am getting crazy amounts of nuts.  There is a lot of hazelnut and roasted malt that just radiate with high amounts of sweetness.  I might even be getting a bit of like a dehydrated papaya.

Mouthfeel- Medium body that does leave a little bit of a nice coating on the teeth.  Very high drinkability, it goes down dangerously smooth.  I would really consider this a sessionable beer I could drink many of these in a night.

Overall, best brown ale I have ever had.  I think it just matches the description of a brown ale.  Anyone, I mean anyone, could enjoy this brew.  I highly recommend it to anyone and I would definitely buy this beer again.  CHEERS!


No comments:

Post a Comment