Thursday, October 31, 2013

Dundee Kölsch Style Ale Beer Review #Kölsch #craftbeer

Dundee Kölsch Style ale is brewed by Genesee Brewing Co. / Dundee Brewing Co. in New York, United States.  This wheat beer weighs in at 5.1% ABV with about 10 IBU’s.  I got this beer from my dad and am pretty excited to try it.  CHEERS!

Appearance- Fully transparent brew with about a 1.5 finger of head with tightly compacted bubbles.  The color is close to like a roasted straw with just a very small hint of brown.  This beer has mildly high carbonation with actually really good lace retention.

Smell- There is not much to the smell honestly.  I get like a sweet malt with hints of like a corn or some sort of graininess.  Now that I am smelling it more, I actually pick up like a bit of honey with some roasted malt.  Very little on the nose though, I really had to search for it.

Taste- Wow taste is much better than the smell.  I really only get like a wheat and malt sweetness but I at least get something out of it.  This is definitely a grain centered beer with like a little bit of a honey back ground.  There is a slight grassiness to the end of the beer that makes it crisp.  It is a very sweet beer the more it warms up.

Mouthfeel-  The look is actually kind of deceiving there is a bit of a medium body to this beer.  It is quite pleasant actually.  This beer is highly sessionable with the low ABV and I would definitely consider this a lawn mower beer.


Overall, it is a mediocre beer.  I know it is a wheat beer so that is usually not my style; however I could see this as a sessionable tailgating beer.  I would recommend this definitely as a transition beer that could really turn someone into a craft drinker eventually.  CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment