Thursday, November 7, 2013

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Beer Review #paleale #beerreivew

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is brewed by Sierra Nevada Brewing Company in Chico, California.  This beer weighs in at 5.6% ABV with 37 IBU’s.  Almost every craft beer drinker has tried this beer and it never ceases to amaze me.  I am excited to finally review it. 

Appearance- Beautiful light amber brown color with about a 1.5 finger of white tiny bubbled foam.  Medium high amounts of carbonation and fully transparent even due to the darkness.  This beer has incredible head retention the entire way down the class.

Smell- I get a nice bit of floral hops with just a bit of pine.  However, I do really get a nice bready and malty characteristics to this beer as well.  A nice floralness is definitely present for sure that is honestly really appetizing for a pale ale.

Taste- Well, that’s a pretty damn good pale ale.  It has that nice floral and malty characteristics that complement each other very nicely.  There is a great hop bitterness on the end as well, which is nice for a pale ale it really is hoppier than a normal one.

Mouthfeel-  This brew has a light to medium body.  This to me is the definition of a sessionable craft beer.  Nice full body but light enough to drink all day long.  Honestly this is my tailgating beer that really gets my friends into craft beer.


Overall, I really think this is one of the best pale ales I have had even though it is so widely known and distributed.  The hoppiness is fantastic being just below an IPA.  I recommend this to any craft drinker and also as a bridge beer to new craft drinkers.  CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment