Friday, November 22, 2013

Bell's Two Hearted Ale Beer Review #IPA #craftbeer

Bell’s Two Hearted Ale is an American IPA brewed in Kalamazoo, Michigan.  This IPA weighs in with a 7% ABV and has about 55 IBU’s.  I have always wanted to try this beer and I finally got it in a mix and match six pack.  Here goes nothing!

Appearance-  With a nice aggressive pour a 1.5 finger of tiny bubbled head forms.  This beer is a beautiful like rusty orange color.  This brew is not totally transparent there is a little bit of floaties going on but that is ok.  Totally see through though.

Smell-  Right off the nose I get a nice citrus orange scent followed by a nice floralness to the hops.  BIG pineapple on the second smell.  Really, I get a nice sweet caramel to the malt.  The smell seems incredibly balanced and I hope the taste follows suit.

Taste-   Wow nice floral hops with HUGE citrus notes.  Literally the first sip made my mouth begging for more like I immediately salivated.  Second sip I get big big big notes of pineapple with even I bit of mandarin orange.  I get just the tiniest hint of caramel malt in this beer but the hops by no means are over bitter.

Mouthfeel- This brew leaves a nice coating in your mouth so I would say it has a light to medium Mouthfeel.  This beer is dangerously drinkable for a 7% ABV this beer goes down like it’s a 4%.  Very drinkable especially on a hot day.


Overall, this is a fantastic style of the American IPA.  I would give this to any craft beer drinker and this could be a huge bridge beer for a non-craft drinker to the craft scene.  This is the first time I have has this beer and it did not disappoint whatsoever I will definitely buy this beer again.  CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment