Sunday, August 4, 2013

Dundee Honey Brown #craftbeer

Before I begin I must make the remark that this beer holds a special place in my heart.  This is and always was my mom's favorite beer! So onto the review, I poured this beer into a pint glass so lets begin with this Honey Brown Lager.

Appearance- This beer is a mild brown color.  There is just a hint of red in Honey Brown.  As I poured this there was a beautiful off white creamy head of about two fingers in height.  Much to my dismay though in about one minute the head fully went away to a little thin lace on my glass.

Smell- With my first large whiff I detect very little actually.  I can tell this has a hint of honey but not quite as powerful as I would have expected.  It has a slight sweet scent to it, but more of just a malt and grainy smell.  There is also a slight grassy and Earthy smell to this beer.

Taste-  All I really taste is roasted malt.  It has only a sense of sweetness only in the fact that it goes down smooth.  I do taste a little bit of the grassiness in the beer and really a very faint taste of honey.  If it was not in the name I would not even recognize it at all.

Mouthfeel- It has a medium mouthfeel to me for a lager.  It is a little heavier than I expected.  I am actually impressed with the mouth swirl of this beer.  This is honestly the best part of this beer.  The mouthfeel is heavier and darker in nature than a typical adjunct lager would be but I definitely enjoy this part.

Overall- This beer is decent.  Even with the nostalgia in my heart (and Palate) it is not as good as I remember.  However, I have offered this beer to many a women and they really like it which is good for all you craft drinking men out there.  I would only recommend this to people experimenting in beers so they can acquire a taste for something a bit more than the typical American adjunct lager.

No comments:

Post a Comment