Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Lagunitas IPA Beer Review #craftbeer #IPA

Time to review the ever so famous, Lagunitas IPA.  I am very excited to try this beer mainly because of the debates surrounding it whether it is a great IPA or “crap”.  So here it goes I cannot wait to try it!

Appearance- Right into the pour, a nice one and a half finger of head forms that is slowly going down with mild lacing on the glass.  The beer has a solid amber orange sight to it.  It is fairly transparent with lots of carbonation bubbles shooting up the glass.

Smell- Very floral right from the initial smell.  Just adding to the floral aroma a slight earthiness and pine are ever so present in this brew.  Finally, I am picking up a major sweetness to the scent of this beer definitely some malt in it.

Taste- Great, with the first gulp a get a fantastic dry hops taste on the back of my tongue that lingers for a few seconds.  Let’s take a second taste, Great floral and piney hints smack you right in the mouth although it is milder than I thought.  I don't taste as much malt or sweetness in this beer though and the scent definitely says otherwise.

Mouthfeel- This is a well bodied beer.  It is most certainly a medium body and not so watery as some IPA's I have had.  This is a solid American IPA in this category that’s for sure.  The carbonation has really slowed down though so it is not quite as smooth as the initial sip.


Overall, solid beer.  I would recommend it to anyone who likes craft beer.  It is not the best IPA ever, but it really does the job.  So following up on how I feel about this beer and continuing to the everlasting debate; I like it and I would definitely buy it again.  But, I'll have to have a second one to make sure! CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment