Sunday, August 4, 2013

Yuengling Lager Beer Review #craftbeer

Yuengling is one of my favorite cheap lets drink kind of beers that is brewed locally in PA.  I poured this beer out of the can into a pint glass.  However on the can it said that it is America's oldest brewery and I am very excited to review it.

Appearance- This beer is a light amber brown color that is definitely see through.  The head of this beer had a one finger height but dissipated very quickly.  I actually thought this beer was more of an amber color but it is very light brown.

Smell-  This beer has a nice roasted hops smell with a bit of a grain scent to it.  There is a faint clean smell to it with just a little crisp sense to it.  I do smell a little bit of corn which I did expect from this lager.

Taste- This beer goes down incredibly smooth.  The after taste is the best part of this beer even as an american lager.  I can taste the grains and corn very distinctly.  With each swallow there is just a bit of spiciness and bite to it.  It is not over powering whatsoever, however it does have its fair share of flavors.

Mouthfeel- This beer is very watery in the mouth.  It does however leave a little bit of a "coating" presence which is really unique and impressive from this micro,macro brew.  Yuengling is not so watery as a regular adjunct lager but its not as heavy as anything darker.

Overall, as I stated previously I do thoroughly enjoy this beer when having some with my friends.  It is certainly not one of  the best beers I have had, rather it is my go to drink a lot and have a good night beer.  I personally know many people who are not into craft beer who really enjoy this beer.  I highly recommend it to anyone. CHEERS!

1 comment:

  1. Corn is the Only thing I don't like about this beer. I really don't buy it anymore, but if I was in a Bar in Erie PA, and all they had was Bud, Miller, Coors. Yuengling would for sure win.

    ReplyDelete